The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Friday, October 22, 2004

A blog by any other name would still stink

Hi, I'm Bard. I'm a 14 year old girl, and...
Gosh, this is boring.
*yawns*
I'm going to skip the intro, if you don't mind. You'll probably figure everything out, anyway.
Well, hopefully not everything. I mean, I want to be a little bit mysterious.
Yeah, right.
So, I started this Blog because I wanted someplace to just write out stuff (I have journals, but I have awful handwriting, and it cramps my hand, I'm a faster typer (typist?)) but no one will know who I am.

Muahahahaha.

Ahem.
So, the reason for my Blog name... Well, it was originally going to be "Ramblings of an Insane Writer" but I changed it, because
1) It was too long.
2) I'm not legally insane (my parents have tried many times to prove otherwise, so they could be rid of me :-P), and I didn't want anyone to think I was actually crazy.
3) It didn't sound right.
So I looked up synonyms for insane, and came up with:
barm·y (bärm)adj. barm·i·er, barm·i·est
Full of barm; foamy.
Eccentric; daft.
In case anyone cares, barm is the foamy stuff on top of beer.
Another point for Barmy, is that it's one of those cool British words for crazy. Like "mad" or "crackers" or "gone round the twist."
I'm mad! Simply mad!
So, that's a brief history for my blog name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home