The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

DAY SEVEN:

(It's absolutely pitiful how long this is taking me. As a side note, Silvie asked me to list the 10 hottest movie stars I can think of, and I was supposed to do it a long time ago, so I'll just do it now, if you don't mind. If you do mind, skip it. They aren't in any order (except the first one).
1. Jeremy Sumpter,
2. Robert Carmine,
3. That guy who plays Oliver Wood,
4. Billy Boyd in LotR (PIPPIN!)
5. Rupert Grint,
6. Young Harrison Ford,
7. Tom Wellings from Smallville (not so much in Cheaper by the Dozen)
8. Jon Heder,
9. Pretty much any of the hockey players from Miracle,
10. Michael Landon.)

The breakfast buffet in Hangzhou was AMAZING! It was so good. They made fresh waffles, and excellent pastries that I wanted to eat all of. Also fresh fruit (some of which was speckled and really good, but I had no idea what it was. I think it only grows in Asia, or something.). Ash and I were really tired on account of our laughing jag the night before, but we could still appreciate the good food.
The first place we visited was West Lake. Bu told us that is was named after a princess named West, and she was the most beautiful woman in the world. She was beautiful when she had make-up on, she was beautiful when she had no make-up on, and she was beautiful when she was crying. She cried a lot because she missed her home. The lake was named after her because it was beautiful when it had make-up on (sunny days), it was beautiful when it had no make-up on (cloudy days), and it was beautiful when it was crying (rainy days). This proved to be true. She also said that all over China there were lakes with the name West Lake, because everyone wanted a lake like West Lake. It was absolutely gorgeous, even though it had no make-up on. The water was a lot clearer than most water, and there were flowers all over the place. It kind of reminded me of home, because it was in a valley surrounded by rolling hills. We got to take a boat ride, and we waved to all the other tour boats. The boats were wicked sweet dragons! Dragons are, of course, a big thing in China. Pretty much the only thing about West Lake that wasn't perfect was the humidity. That wasn't the lake's fault, though. We had to walk for a long time, though, because the museum we had been going to visit was closed for renovation. A lot of people got ice cream. Kris and I wanted to jump in the lake. We also like the cool brooms people swept the street with. The bristles looked like they were made out of willow leaves. The people sweeping the street wore the classic China hats, too. Those wide ones with the pointed tops. Dear got one, and it was too big to go in her bags, so she had to wear it at all the airports and train stations. She looked really funny.
The adults found this really awesome bug. It was about four inches or so long, and was black with white dots. It didn't look real.
I think we went back to the hotel after lunch. We had about three hours before we had to be ready for the concert, so Ann and Kris came into our room and brought snacks, and we surfed through the different stations on T.V. We started watching a movie that was in Chinese, but had subtitles. It was REALLY funny. There was this guys who's name was Beach Boy, and he was being used by this other guy to traffic counterfeit money, and he liked this girl who's name was Ah Yuk (I think) and she like turtles. Anyway, she dumped him to find out about Beach Boy's boss, because I think she knew he was a bad guy. Then Beach Boy got this huge stuffed turtle and chased after her car yelling "Ah Yuk! Come back! I love you!" and had this turtle bigger than he was above his head. Then it got caught on something and ripped open, and this car dragged him away. It was a great movie. Then I told Ann and Kris about how love was in the air at SCS, and they laughed. Then Kris said we should make a list of all the couples in the choir. There are only 8 boys in choir, so it didn't take long. There were only a few actual pairings, so we made up some funny ones. Originally I paired myself with TU, but changed it.
"Wouldn't it be bad if someone found this?" I commented lightly.
"Yeah," everyone else laughed. Then they started talking like someone was going to find it. Then they said it would be great to plant it someplace. Then they changed the real couples, and planned to drop it on the bus.

8 Comments:

Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Ah Yuk, huh? Interesting name. :<)

7:30 PM

 
Blogger Bard said...

Yeah, I think so.

8:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG OMG OMG IT'S THICKY! OMG I FOUND YOU! *GLOMPS*

*grins* Hey.

9:43 PM

 
Blogger Bard said...

OMG! WUTEVA!
*glomps back*
You are SO COOL!
Now you have to post here every day!

10:57 AM

 
Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

You know what is really sad? I only know who two of those guys are...

8:44 PM

 
Blogger Bard said...

Which two? Cuz some of them no-one over knows who they are.

7:55 AM

 
Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Hi!!

7:47 AM

 
Blogger Beck said...

I only know 3 of the guys that are on your list. And I only think one is "kind of cute". xD
Which would be-- *Drumb roll*
Rupert Grint!
Hes a pretty good actor, and I just love his hair! =D Anyway... Scary Beck is gone. Hopefully.
I have finally made a new entry in my journal. Wow! Big deal. As Joe says, I am slow. *Sigh.* Sorry a I'm not on your blog often though. I'll try to do better!

2:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home