The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Here comes the whatever...

So, Mom did this, and either Emmo or Dahee did this or something like it. I guess it's my turn.
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Had my finger slammed in a door. And moved into a house, although technically that was Christmas, 2003, but oh well.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Um, I never keep them. I forget. The past 60,000 years I've tried to stop fighting with my siblings and overhaul my personality into something more self-confident and interesting, but as anyone who knows me can tell you, neither of those things have happened.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Um, I don't think so...

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
Lalaland.

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Either a boyfriend or a life. Yep.

7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb. 14th, because my choir recorded our CD, and the entire month of December, for being so busy.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don't really have one. I haven't done anything. Raised money for my choir trip, and almost finished Nanowrimo, but for an unfortunate accident.

9. What was your biggest failure?
To many things.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Are you kidding? My fingernail is hanging on by a thread! Other than that, I got really bad poisin ivy on my arm all Summer, had a bad cough in January, and impaled my foot on a plug a few days ago.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My lava lamp. Oooh, pretty. Also, a couple Tamora Pierce books and my corkboard. And yarn.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mom's. She's so cool. And Kat's, because she isn't obsessed with boys like she was a few years ago.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
A lot of times, Edison's. Also mine, sometimes.

14. Where did most of your money go?
China trip.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Trip to St Louis. Seeing Tal a couple of times. Opening Trickster's Queen.

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Invisible. That song is just plain CREEPY and I keep hearing it. Also This Love, and 1985, because they've been stuck in my head for most of it.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I don't know. Sadder.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter. Definately.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Important things.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sleeping.

20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
Already did. Talked with Nita and watched Little House on the Prairie while we both rooted for Pa. Loudly. Shouting things at screens is fun.

21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
No. Heavily crushing. I thought I was in love in 2003, though.

22. How many one-night stands?
*snorts* What do YOU think.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Drake and Josh. "I didn't say SAVE my butt! I said, uh, SHAVE my butt!"

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nellie Oleson.

25. What was the best book you read?
I read so many! I can't choose.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Some Queen songs, plus Swing, Swing. And the Flaming Lips.

27. What did you want and get?
Trickster's Queen, and a lava lamp. And not kissed by the stupid mistletoe polka, the bane of my existance. Plus, Newsboys/Rebecca St. James concert.

28. What did you want and not get?
Life. Visibility. Sanity.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Peter Pan. Pirates of the Carribean.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
14, went to a ballet with Kat and Ash, got a really cool lamp, and stayed up far too late.

31.What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
*coughTUcough*
I mean, what?

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Newsboys t-shirt and G pants. Plus beanies. And going to be dyed hair. And computer bleached face. Is that even possible?

33. What kept you sane?
Um, have you not noticed the unsaneness that is me? Barmy?

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Dude, Jeremy Sumpter. Orli is fruity.
Take that, Dahee.
Oh, and Michael Landon. Except for the whole being dead thing.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The ones I understood. Most of them.

36. Who did you miss?
A girl who I haven't seen since I was 8.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Krisbean. I didn't really meet her this year, but I started E-mailing her a lot this year.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
Don't try to impress people, and don't worry about what they think so much. Actually, combo of 03 and 04.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
You think I’d have it down by now
Been practicin’ for thirty years
I should have walked a thousand miles
So what am I still doin’ here
Reachin’ out for that same old piece of forbidden fruit
I slip and fall and I knock my halo loose
Somebody tell me what’s a boy supposed to do?

I get so clumsy
I get so foolish
I get so stupid
And then I feel so useless
But You’re sayin’ You love me
And You’re still gonna hold me
And that You wanna be near me
‘Cause You’re makin’ me holy
You’re still makin’ me holy, yeah

I’m gonna get it right this time
I’ll be strong and I’ll make You proud
I’ve prayed that prayer a thousand times
But the rooster crows and my tears roll down (again)
Then You remind me You made me from the dust
And I can never, no never, be good enough
And that You’re not gonna let that come between us

I get so clumsy
I get so foolish
I get so stupid
And then I feel so useless
But You’re sayin’ You love me
And You’re still gonna hold me
And that You wanna be near me
‘Cause You’re makin’ me holy
You’re still makin’ me holy, yeah

From where I stand
Your holiness is up so high I can never reach it
My only hope is to fall on Jesus

I get so clumsy
I get so foolish
I get so stupid
And then I feel so useless
But You’re sayin’ You love me
And You’re still gonna hold me
And that You wanna be near me
‘Cause You’re makin’ me holy
You’re still makin’ me holy, yeah

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orli is most definitely a fruit.

-Sil

5:02 PM

 
Blogger Thicket Dweller said...

You are sooo-ooo-ooo funny, Junior Barnes.

9:27 PM

 
Blogger Bard said...

Sil: I know. Now if I could convince the rest of the female population in my life.
Mom: You Gunkie. What's funny?

4:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home