The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Timber!

I think that the scariest thing that I've ever seen in my life is my great-grandma falling flat on her face.
She was okay, I think, but I was terrified for the five minutes before we kids found out. She didn't have to go to the hospital or anything. She tripped over Sweetheart's shoe (which I had just been about to move) and fell on her side. Probably the worst feeling in the world is watching something awful happen, and not being able to do anything about it. It was like it all happened slowly. I was the only one who actually saw her fall, Mom and Dad were standing about three feet away from where she fell, and since she tripped, they were closer than I was, even though she started out right next to me.
After a few hours, Mom and I went to the store with Baby and got some pizza. I wasn't really hungry, but as soon as I had one piece, I kind of was. I've been feeling unhungry lately. Also kind of fat, from candy and sweets and stuff. Blah.
Sweetheart just fell down, and now she crying a ton. As usual.
I have a throbbing headache. And I'm really tired.
By the way, note to Tal, I was going to call you, but I kind of went to g-g-parents, so I couldn't. Just saying that because I happened to remember just now.
I got a card for a girl in choir who had surgery. She's really nice, and funny too.
Edison and I actually managed to do something without him ticking me off. We taught Baby to sing "Can anybody find me somebody to love?" She actually says "Body meeeeeeeeeeee somebody a looooooooove!!" It's really cute.
I was listening to 100 years in the car on the way home (funny, because I was thinking of that song anyway, and it fit my mood) and started crying, for some reason. Not really crying, but kind of almost, where your eyes are all watery and stuff. Maybe it was because I was remembering how Magic grandpa was so worried about grandma, and taking care of her and stuff. Maybe because I'm going to be 15 in a month and a half. Maybe because I kind of want someone to be in love with me. Or maybe it was just a product of my sleep deprived mind. Who knows.
Geez, I'm getting teary just thinking about it. I'm such a loser.
A loser with a major headache.
And impossible New Year's resolutions. But that's nothing new anyway.
And I've only got 100 years to live. *sniffle*

3 Comments:

Blogger Thicket Dweller said...

You are such an awesome writer. You inspire me.

9:04 AM

 
Blogger Bard said...

Thanks. I don't know why, but that's okay.

9:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a great writer. That song does that to me also, although so does christmas carols in early December.

9:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home