The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Saturday, October 23, 2004

"Edison, I'm going to sit on you."

I survived.
Well, obviously. Because if I'm posting, I can't be dead. I'm pretty sure there's no blogger in Heaven.
The birthday party was okay. It was most amusing when all the little boys ran upstairs at the same time, shouting "Geckos! Geckos!" Geckos are the only thing I know that can make a bunch of second-third graders all go to the same place, and only being told once.
Unfortunately, I still have a crush on the Unnamed. Unfortunate, because
A) He already has a girlfriend,
B) I'm sitting next to him, and he hardly acknowledges my existence.
Granted, I'm trying not to pay too much attention to him. Because with my luck, he'll hypnotize me, or something, and I'll blurt out that I like him.
Not a cool thing to do.
But that will be my last post EVER where I mention him. Because I'm trying get rid of crushes (Other than Jeremy Sumpter, which is pretty harmless), and he's the only one I have.
So, the concert went well. I could actually SEE the director, which is a step in the right direction. I think I had a lot of emotion showing on my face, and I didn't mess up that often.
A bunch of people came up to me afterwards, and said how great our choir was. Which was pretty cool.
We actually made our choir manager cry.
*evil grin*
Twice.
After I got done, and got into the car, I saw that Edison (or whatever he wants Mom to call him. I've forgotten) was sitting right square in the way. So, I stated the obvious.
"Edison, I'm going to sit on you."
Everyone laughed, and Mom said "Well, I guess we were all wrong."
Leaving me, as usual, bewildered.
"What are you talking about?"
"We were all guessing what the first thing you'd say was. We thought you would say 'Good.'"
I paused.
"Why would I get in the car, and just be like, 'Good!' That doesn't make any sense."
"I thought we would say 'How was the concert, Bard?' and you would say 'Good.'"
Oh, right. Carry on, then. Go about your buisness. Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home