The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Get ready for the big one!

I'm kind of sorry I didn't post Friday, Saturday or Sunday, but kind of not. Friday night Kat came over (and gave me my birthday presents which I will divulge in a minute.) Saturday we picked up Ash, and Sunday Ash went home, and Kat stayed. It was a TON of fun, and I wish all of you guys reading this could have been there, too.
Item One: Kat's presents.
She gave me two bookmarks, Exodus Plus One CD (where they turned cool and I like them), and a picture.
Item Two: The picture.
An unfolding drama that I haven't posted on my blog. Haven't you missed out. A few weeks ago (right after the retreat) Kat confided in me that she asked G (I guy who I've pretty much liked for a while but hardly ever see) if he liked me, and he told her that I was "cool, pretty, and will probably be a good bass player once I learn how." I kind of wish she hadn't asked, because he probably thinks I asked her to ask, and I didn't. Besides that, it's kind of immature. If he really liked me, he'd probably tell me. Anyway, I figured this was Kat embellishing a story, and wasn't even sure she actually asked him in so many words. Then came Friday. She gave me a picture of him. No biggie, right?
He signed it. She told him I like him!
She also told him that I said I wanted him in a box for my birthday (which I'm pretty sure I didn't, and even if I did, I didn't want him to KNOW this fact). Now I'll bet he thinks I'm a freak. At least Kat means well. I'm going to her house this Wednesday if all goes well tomorrow, so I'm kind of dreading seeing him. Since he'll probably avoid me like the plague, I might not have too much to worry about.
Saturday we ate at Panara Bread (totally yummy) and then got Ash. We went to the mall. I ended up getting three sets of earrings, hair clips, and one shirt. Oh yeah. I couldn't find anything that:
a) I liked,
b) fit, or
d) was decent to wear in public.
The one shirt I got was awesome, though. It was a boy's shirt which goes to show you how bad women's fashions are getting, it was the only non-see-through thing I found there that wasn't a extra-small. It's brown, and says "Night Owl," and it's got a pink outlined owl. Tis great. I got rocker earrings (electric guitars in pink, purple, and blue along with studs of the same colors), monkey earrings, and some hoops with blue beads. Also a cute big sis/little sis necklaces for Sweetheart and me. Ash gave me a foam heart-shaped box that she painted and put stickers on, and filled it with candy. Edison gave me a box of chocolates. Mom and dad gave me:
A CD player (In the words of Napoleon Dynamite "YESSSSS"),
Reliant K CD, Mhmm (or whatever)
Toby Mac CD, Welcome to Diverse City,
Chocolate covered cherries,
PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beanie baby monkey,
Season Four of LHotP!!!!!! W00t!!!!!! Pa, here I come!
Tinkerbell poster,
and Mom said there are more things coming (probably in the mail).
That night we ate Chinese food, and Blue came up to teach us how to use chopsticks. Ash and I both had to know before the 19th for choir, by order of Mrs. Jay. It was really good. The whole way home we sang along with the songs on the radio. Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson came on every time we listened. Also How Far is Heaven. Weird. We stayed up late watching PotC plus all deleted scenes (Bloody stupid Will) while Kat mooned over Johnny Depp, and Ash said she wished Orlando Bloom would say "Ash" to her the way he says "Elizabeth" in the beginning. I said I wished they'd stop talking about those two losers, and talk about someone cool. That earned me some really great glares.
Sunday we went to Target, where I had better luck with clothes. I got a red t-shirt that has Marvin Martian, and says "You, off my planet," a dark pink one that says "Where the Wild Things Are," and has the Wild Things. I like the Wild Things. I also got a green shirt that says "A wise man once said 'I don't know, go ask a girl.'" Talk about cool. In addition to that, I got pink sweatpants and toe socks with monkeys and also lipstick. We went to Don Pablos after that, where a series of funny things happened. Mom called me a salsa hog (to the waiter). He came back and gave me my own thing of salsa. I ate that, and half of Mom's while Kat and Ash had only eaten less than half of their shared one. He commented on that, then brought me another salsa, and stuck a straw in it. Mom told him it was my birthday, so he brought a dessert thing to go. While we were waiting for that (Mom was paying at the front) I accidentally spilt a full glass of water. A guy came out to clean it up saying that he was the calvary. Immedietly pointed to me, and said "She did it." He laughed, and told me that he would clean it up, as long as it never happened again. I vowed that I'd turned over a new leaf. He asked what we were doing for Valentine's Day, and Ash said that we were celebrating my birthday. He looked surprised, and said "Happy tommorow birthday," just as I said "It's the day after tommorow." He laughed, tried to change what he was saying at the last second, failed. He jokingly told us that "I suck at this, I'd better go back to mopping." He did, and asked us if we were doing anything else. There was a pause, so I said, looking at the others "Well, I'M not." They all laughed at me, and Ash teased. The cleaner-upper-guy wished me a happy birthday, and left. Kat later insisted that he was flirting, I think he was just being nice. Besides that, he was in his 20s, and we were all minors.
After that we saw Finding Neverland and some really annoying people sat behind us. They threw popcorn at each other, and wouldn't stop talking loudly. GRRR.
Then tonight we picked up Tal and his brothers, and took them to the choir pizza party. It was fun. When I got into choir, TU started playing This Love, by Maroon 5, on the piano really well, and we all laughed and sang along (mostly at the "Oh oh ohs,"). Now here I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thicket Dweller said...

Happy Birthday, Bard. And you aren't a jerk. I'm just an overemotional mother afraid of losing her baby girl. :-/

You'll understand someday.

I love you,

The Mom

6:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs Wenna* Happy Birthday to me!
*hugs Mom* It's okay. Being a teen is better than being a baby. I can talk now.

6:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home