The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Goin' on a treasure hunt, gonna get a big one...

Today we went Geocaching. Basically, you go to a website (I've forgotten the link, I'll post it later) and look up these things near you. They give you the GPS coordinates, and you get to look for the treasure. It's usually a small box filled with coins, paperclips, and rubber balls. You leave a note after you find the box, and if you want, take one thing and leave one thing. It's mostly fun to read the log book and see who's been there. We left our own geocache someplace, but I won't tell you where. Ha ha.
I think Monet stretched my middle finger when he smashed it. It's much longer than my other one now (well, considering how tall fingers are), and there's no more swelling. The fingernail has yet to come off, although Sweetheart nearly ripped it off when she hit me with a blanket that got caught on in. Talk about pain.
libraries are wonderful. I borrowed a bunch of books that I've wanted to read for a while. I was going to pay off my card, but Pop wouldn't let me. He told me to just use his. Good thing I don't lose things, or he'd hold it over me for the rest of my life. The fines on my card aren't even from me. (Note to Sil: I read a Terry Pratchet book! Wee Free Men. Twas brillig. Simply smashing.)
So, Tal saw Finding Neverland, for which he will DIE because I really wanted to see that movie, being the Peter Pan freak that I am (and no, not just because of Jeremy Sumpter, I was a Peter Pan freak before that.), I had to see it. Besides that, it looked like a good movie, and Johnny Depp is pretty good (though NOT hot at all), and I'm interested in J.M. Barrie. So Tal will either die, or not because he's cool. But if he sees one more movie that I want to see (he's seen three already) that's it for him.
After I give him his Christmas present that is. I worked hard on it, and he has to at least SEE it before I kill him.
I'm way sleepy. Maybe I'll actually fall asleep before 4:00 tonight. I haven't been able to for about a week. *sigh* Curse insomnia. At least I have cross-stitching and good books. I got Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones from the library. Squee! I love her books (except Dogsbody, which I didn't really care for, although the idea was interesting, and I liked the girl, Kathleen, I think. Just Sirius was kind of 2D, and blandish. He was the MC. But this is the sequel to Howl's Moving Castle, so how can it go wrong.
Speaking of that, does anyone know if there really is/is-going-to-be a cartoon of Howl's Moving Castle? If so, is it out yet? I heard something on Sheroes, but other than that, nothing.
It's time for me to go to the land of Nod, now.
Oh, I almost forgot. Since I can't go to Bob, I'm going to post this here, and hope that Sil or someone reads it. Whoever does, post it in Bob, please?
Mom said that there was this commercial at the movies for Barq's Root Beer. This psychic guy was trying to figure out what this normal guy was going to say. As the normal guy was leaving, the psychic guy was guessing if he was wearing boxers or briefs. First he said "Boxers!" like he was sure. Then briefs.
"Thong?" Then, as if that weren't enough for you guys, he actually said it.
"Commando!"
I nearly split my sides laughing when mom told me. I want to see it.
Parting question, what is a really good book to read? I need to read some quality books.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Commercial thing: done.

Good book: Kushiel's Dart has been recced left and right on Sheroes, along with its sequels Kushiel's Chosen and Kushiel's Avatar. They're about 700+ pages each, so that ought to tide you over for some time. Then there's always Pratchett (and way to go on Wee Free Men!).

-Sil

2:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Geocaching is fun, my dad just got a GPS a couple weeks ago. You won't kill me! I have loyal warriors who will fight for me until the very end. And like I've said before, read New Jedi Order.

8:18 AM

 
Blogger Bard said...

Right, New Jedi Order, I keep forgetting.
What is the first Pratchet book in the series thing? Guards, or something? I don't remember.

7:10 PM

 
Blogger Thicket Dweller said...

Loyal warriors? What, like Widiot and Princess Jordeen?

Guffaw. Out loud, even.

Thhhpt.

12:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have Charlie, Beast, and Sis, Sis will smile at you, then bite you, she's almost as bad as Sunny. And Widiot is very loyal, I don't trust Jordeen though.

3:47 PM

 
Blogger Bard said...

Wasn't Widiot the one we turned into an old lady because he betrayed us? Several times?

6:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once, but now he's changed. You know I could possibly get Edison and Monet on my side, 'cept I'd Have to kill Edison, the snowball-throwing traitor. You'd still be by far outnumbered though.

6:46 PM

 
Blogger Bard said...

Nope. Monet likes me. So does Sweetheart. You can't trust Edison, he'll fall in love with the enemy. The snowball thrower. *snorts* I could get Kat and her sister, though.

6:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then I'll get The Enemy, still won't trust him completly, I'm not stupid.

7:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First in the Night Watch series is 'Guards, Guards!' First Discworld book is 'The Colour of Magic'.

-Sil

12:31 AM

 
Blogger Bard said...

Okay. I'm listening to the first Discworld one right now.
Well, not right now, but you know.

7:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home