The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Maybe you should drive...

So.
James Thurber is really funny. Any of y'alls should read something by James Thurber.
I saw Pride and Predjudice on Tuesday! It was awesome! Mr. Darcy looked so sad the whole time. It was really cool because he wasn't some teen hearthrob guy with only two different expressions *coughorlandobloomcough* he was just an actor. A pretty good actor. And he was so cool. I can't even tell what my favorite part was. I think it was when he ran into the room and just stood there, and Elizabeth was trying to talk to him, and then Mrs. Lucas came in, and Mr. Darcy ran out. It was great fun. The funniest thing was that I don't think they ever say Mr. Darcy's first name. He's just Mr. Darcy. Also, I like Kiera Knightly, but she always plays the same character, you know? I mean, she's been Elizabeth in two different movies, and they both acted a lot the same, although Lizzie Bennet was a lot wittier. And had better taste in men. I mean, Will Turner was kind of dumb. He was NOT buttery smooth. Jack Sparrow was way better.
Anyway, Mom and I went out on a date on Tuesday, and we watched P & P (which I read most of the book, but for some reason have never finished the unabridged version because I am a heathen even though I really want to finish it) and then went to the not so local Stuff*Mart because it takes almost an hour to get to the closest theatre. Which isn't so jolly. But it's a small theatre, and it's really nice and I love it dearly because we actually talk to the owner, because she works at the counter. So after we had bought stuff at Stuff*Mart, we were feeling like we didn't want to go home. But after seeing a movie and going to Stuff*Mart, what more can we do? So, believe it or not, we went to go see another movie. And got some really gross chicken tenders from the Lord of the Burgers. The one burger... TO RULE THEM ALL!
And we went to go see Cheaper by the Dozen 2, which was okay, but not as good as the old black and white ones. The bestest thing was that the theater was empty, and we talked during the entire thing, and a quote from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (one of the greatest movies ever) prompted me to stand up, point at the screen and shout "That's from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid!"

And no one complained.

On Wednesday nothing really happened. Oh, yeah. I worked on a radio drama I wrote. We recorded some of it, but we don't really have a good mic. Maybe I should ask for one for my birthday...

Thursday was a butt. I missed my classes so I could go on a field trip to a pie factory at Quaker Square. I used to love Quaker Square when I was little, but alas, they have taken all the cool stuff out, and I am left with a bunch of touristy shops and the bitter taste of old memories lost forever.
And then, to add insult to injury, we were supposed to "make our own pies" but we didn't, really. We rolled out somme pre-cut dough, stuck it in a pan, and the lady put filling in. Then we rolled out some more precut dough, and put it on top. Then we pinched the sides (if the lady didn't do it for us) and left to wash out hands. And then we waited for almost two hours. Fun. I kind of think that everyone was a little surprised about the little we actually got to do, but I could be wrong. Maybe it's just because I'm older, but rolling out some premade dough does not a pie make. ANd we didn't even get to see the ovens and stuff. I would have rather had a tour.

Anyway, we're having Family Fellowship at our house next Sunday after church (yay! I'm going to church again!) and I should be getting the house ready.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bard said...

Let's just accept that neither of us are going to change out minds about Orlando Bloom and leave it at that.

1:16 PM

 
Blogger impromptu-mom said...

Bard,

Mr. Darcy's first name is Fitzwilliam.
I think I would go by Darcy too!
All Fitz-iness aside though, Mr. Darcy is the most lovely, complex, yummy, male-character enigma in all of Austendom (IMHO).
P&P is my all time favorite of her novels!

P.S.- I loved the movie too! Especially the fact that they didn't use a bunch of teen hearthrobs, but most just real actors.

9:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home