The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Torture Tuesday

You know Garfield and Mondays? I never got that when I was little. I think that's partially because I didn't (and still don't) have to go to school on Mondays and didn't (and still don't) have a job, and partially because I always had choir on Mondays, which was the highlight of my young life. This was probably also partially because when I was little I loved to read the comics, but almost always had to have them explained to me. I still don't read Mary Worth and Dr. What's-his-face because they are the most pointless wastes of time I can imagine. I also don't read the political cartoons because I either don't understand them or don't agree with them. Anyway. I think I can now understand how a day can be out to get you. Only I couldn't share the day with the rest of the world. Oh, no. I have to have a horrible murderous day all to myself. It's known as Tuesday.
First off, I have Algebra, which isn't NEARLY so bad as it used to be, and the actual classes are rather fun. But it's the principle of the thing. Then, as if the undue strain on my mind isn't enough, I have to be stressed out in body (and mind agains, but I already said that). Mom signed us all up for Irish Stepdancing Classes.
I'm sure that Irish Stepdancing is very wonderful for someone who doesn't have trouble walking across a room without tripping, nay, even standing in one place without falling over (I don't know how I do it, but I have done so on many occasions.). But that lucky person is not me. It may be any of the other jovial Irish Stepdancers in the class, but I am not one of them. Plus the teacher keeps playing fast music randomly, and I think I have a hold on the steps but then I don't. Which is enough to shake anyone up.
Another thing that shakes me up is seeing my feet rebel against me. I can understand being clumsy, but I can't understand jumping backwards when I'm trying tro jump forwards. It's disconcerting.
So if you want to see me, I'll probably be laying on the floor with a stunned expression. I'm determined to master this thing if it (or my foot) kills me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home