The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Of Hunger and Birthdays

Hey! Tomorrow is my birthday! I don't know if I said this, but my parents said that I could either (for a big present) get a guitar, my hair dyed, or go shopping. I was going to get the guitar, but after looking, I decided that it could wait until I'm better and know what I want. So I'm going shopping. With Ash and possibly Emma. And I might be having a party-type thing, but I don't know. If I do, it won't be big, and it'll probably mostly be people from the homeschool group.
I did the 30 hour famine. It was fun. The boys there stayed up really late playing Risk, and Emma and I were the only girls awake (we weren't playing Risk). They didn't know why we kept laughing at them. But seriously, what are you supposed to do when someone says "Let's attack England because they have good tea," or "Russia sucks!" I mean, come on. It's a funny thing to hear a bunch of 14 year old guys talking about taking over the world.
We also watched Madagascar at the Famine, which was kind of bad, because the whole thing is about how Alex can't eat, and there were only 4 hours or so to go, and I said "I feel for you, Alex, I really do!" It was sad.
I'm not sick anymore. I had some weird spots, which were either a reaction to the medicine or a virus thing, but they're gone now (except for on my feet).
I think it's weird how you can care about something a lot right after it happens, or while it's happening, but a few weeks later it doesn't matter anymore. That was a random thought.
Algebra today was okay, but I'm about 5 lessons behind from the tournament, and I need to get those done. Soon. I also have to put together the newsletter, but that shouldn't be too bad. I could probably finish it in a few hours. It has to be done by Thursday, though. So that isn't so good. Because I really should do it tonight, on account of my not being able to do anything tomorrow, most likely.
I think my posts are starting to get boring. I need to spice them up.
Oh, yeah. At choir yesterday I told a BUNCH of people (practically all the altos and a few sopranos) that my birthday is coming up. And so at the end of choir, one of the sopranos was like "So and so's birthday is tomorrow" and all the altos said "Bard's birthday is on Wednesday!" And everyone sang happy birthday to me. And I was happy, because usually people forget or I have to leave early, and it doesn't get sung to me. And TU (who I don't have a crush on, but who I still think is pretty cool) was like "Hey! Happy birthday!" when he heard my tell one of my friends. And that was nice.
Only 8 weeks left of Algebra! W00t!

4 Comments:

Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Oooh! Dye your hair? I would put a streak of green in mine. :)

2:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's go shopping!!! (those exclamation points are my gift to you)

7:41 PM

 
Blogger Bard said...

Happy birthday, belated birthday, either one's good. So long as you say something. :-) I thought it was some weird time zone thing, or something.
Shopping is fun. I don't know when We'll go, though.
I'm not allowed to do anything that cool with my hair. My mom wouldn't even let me dye it black. She said I was trying to be goth, or something. I hope she was joking, because I am the least goth person ever.

7:02 PM

 
Blogger Thicket Dweller said...

I never uttered the word, "Goth" in our conversation about hair. I said that you have BEE-OO-TEE-FUL hair color and that black might make you look haut gookie.

Green streaks...isn't that a song?

Happy birthday, Dear Sixteen.

6:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home