The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Monday, January 10, 2005

The PT cruiser drove by...

Today I've been feeling kind of dizzy, but despite that, I went to the mall with Nita. My mom was driving her parents (I don't remember if I told you that she's Amish) and while they were in a meeting, Nita and I and Mom went to the mall. My largest purchase was some gum from a gumball machine, because I'm poor like that. Also, while we were in line, this couple walked by kissing. It was kind of odd. They were walking and kissing at the same time. I'm not sure why. Nita and I (after they went past) started laughing. While we were in the parking lot she saw about 20 slub bugs, and kept punching me. Mom told her that she was pretty violent for a pacifist. Nita just tried to tell me that there was a PT cruiser that went by, but she kept laughing and never did finish what she was going to say.
We went into some dollar store for a while. It was kind of cheap stuff, but we amused ourselves by pointing at random stuff and saying "That's your twin." We also went to some other store, and Mom showed me a beanie baby that was supposed to be Garfield's teddy, Pookie, and it took forever for it to register in my mind what she was showing me. I'm still tired, because I actually didn't go to sleep last night until 4:30, and about an hour of that was just me laying there, trying to sleep, not doing anything. Not that I got up early, or anything. I shouldn't be tired, but I guess no one told my body that. Or at least my eyelids. The sad thing is, no matter how tired I am right now, as soon as I get in bed nothing will make me sleep. Nothing.
Today's daily buzzword from Webster's is incorrigible, which Sil knows is my special word. She gave it to me. Or whatever.
Apparently Sweetheart's baby looks a lot like her cat, Pippin. Also, she doesn't much like the stroller.
Besides that, Baby keeps walking up to me and giving me weird looks, then running away when I say anything to her. Baby also thinks her name is either Good, Santa Claus, or Frosty the Snowman. Most often Frosty. When I was little I said my name was Nicholas. Insisted my name was Nicholas, actually. I wouldn't even answer to anything else. I guess I was incorrigible even then.
My eyelids are the droopiest thing I've ever seen. Or felt. Whatever. I'm going to go to bed now. But probably not to sleep.
Wasn't there some song in Chitty-chitty Bang Bang about lullaby shores, or something?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of PT Cruisers, check this out: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18306&item=4516463086&rd=1

5:54 PM

 
Blogger Bard said...

Bloody brilliant!

6:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home