The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Hale=hail

We went to Hale Farm today. It was very cold, but very fun. We went there with Blue and Two. The best part was a woman who was really convincing as a woman from 1805. I think it was 1805, anyway. She talked like she was from that time period, and let Edison and Monet use the flint to make sparks. She let us sit on the bed, and feel her rabit gloves. It was really cool. We told her we'd come back and visit her in the Summer. I hope we do. We also learned about maple sugaring. I got some maple sugar candy. It was expensive, but I couldn't resist.
The worst part was probably when a man asked Edison what 86 divided by 2 was, and he didn't know, and Mom said that I should have answered, even though he wasn't asking me. Yeah, and then everyone would call me a show-off. Catch-22. Really, how do you think I got my reputation for being a bossy know it all? Because I answer questions, because I don't want people to think I'm stupid just because I'm homeschooled. Geez. If I would have answered, I'll bet you Edison would have been mad, and said that I didn't even give him a chance, and called me a show off.
I just finished watching Sky Captain and the World of Tommorrow. It was okay. There were funny parts, but it wasn't the best movie I've ever seen.
I finished reading The Outcasts of some number Schuler Street by E.L. Koningsburg (I don't know if I spelled that right, but oh well), Darkest Hour by Meg Cabot, The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchet, The Unbrella Man by Roald Dahl, and I'm almost done with Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen by I forget who. Does Lola remind anyone else of Anne of Green Gables?
Oh, I also just finished listening to Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I also listened to an interview with him, and it was really interesting.
Here's what's weird. Realizing that someone you last saw as 10 years old, and either on your roof or offering to kiss his brother's butt in your honor (literally) is now 15. That's slightly scary.
I'm thinking of when I played soccer. I played for... 6 years. From age 5 until we moved. I think I was 11. Anyway, mostly the same people were on my team every year (one girl was on my team the entire time. We were tight, being pretty much the only girls regularly on the team). Dad saw one of the assistant coaches (father of the roof climber) the other day, and was telling Mom about it. Of course I know that I'VE changed a lot since then, but it's a real shock to think that everyone else probably has, too. I have a picture of the 97 team on my cork board. They're all MY age now, or older, even. Totally weird. I wish I could see them again. I never really even got to say goodbye to any of them. I moved over Summer, and Spring and Fall are when we played. They probably had no idea what happened to me.
Now I feel kind of sadish.
Maybe that's just sadistic.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I don't think it would be showing off to divide 86 by 2, but, you know, whatever.

7:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked it, too. The uncles and Jake were really cool.

7:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way, I think you mean "saddish."

8:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home