The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Sleepover

Kat spent the night last night and the night before. It was great fun (except for the whole G thing, which I actually hardly talked to her about at all. He DOES have a girlfriend, I was right. Load off my mind.). We watched Napoleon Dynamite and Princess Bride. Also one episode of Little House on the Prairie. The only thing is she keeps copying my. My favorite Christian band is Reliant K. She used to not like them, now she does. She claims she's loved them since before I ever knew about them. She said that I'm copying her. Whatever. Now she says stupid all the time (just like me); loves Tinkerbell, frogs and monkeys (just like me); wants to buy all the same shirts I do, even if they aren't pertinent to her personality at all. I guess it's a form of flattery, but it's starting to get a little bit annoying. Especially because she acts like I'm copying her.
We had a great time watching movies, though. She loved Napoleon Dynamite. She said he was hot before she saw the picture of Jon Heder. That worries me.
I got Mom and Jaynie's birthday presents. Jaynie got a fuzzy color-in poster of the Incredibles. I'm not saying what Mom got because she'll read this.
Closing happy-note: On Saturday's choir rehearsal, TU put his hand on my back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

I'm sorry to hear about your copying amiga. Maybe she'll...grow out of it. Your post made me smile!

2:18 PM

 
Blogger Bard said...

I'm glad I made you smile! I hope she grows our of it, too. It's pretty much the only thing about her that really bugs me.

7:00 PM

 
Blogger Thicket Dweller said...

Ick. I don't know what to say about the copying stuff. It sure can make a person feel un-unique if someone keeps copying you. It's even more bothersome that she doesn't admit it and puts it all on YOU. Ick again. It's not like you can even talk about it because she's in denial. Wish I could help...can't think of a way, though.

Love, The Mom

8:15 AM

 
Blogger Bard said...

That's the thing. I'm thinking "Is it that easy to be me?" I've spent my whole life making me unique (not as a hobby or anything, it just happens) and someone else can figure out all the good stuff about me and copy it in a matter of a few years. Or less, even. I don't know. It's different than seeing something you like in a person and saying "I wish I could be generous" and then trying to do it. Or seeing someone's shirt and saying "Wow, I like that color, but not that style," or "I like that style, but not that color," then going from there.

9:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home