The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Back in Black (and Blue)

There's something weird about soccer fields. Even if you're as old as I am and should know better, you start tearing out the grass when the coach calls you together after practice. Okay, so I didn't do it, but almost everyone else did.
It's been at least five years since I last played soccer. Possibly six. Since we moved to an area that didn't have a good non-school league. Before that I had played since I was five. So that was five years. Wow.
I've loved soccer ever since I was four, and we drove past the soccer field down the road from our old house. I begged Mom to let me play, but when she asked they said that you had to be five. I waited FOREVER until my fifth birthday, and the first thing I remember thinking was, "Now I can play soccer!"
It's kind of weird, because I don't understand any other sports, and am rather afraid of a few of them, but I LOVE soccer. I don't even care that I'm not that good at it. I just love playing.
Today was the first practice for the homeschool group's soccer thing. They say that it's only going to be seven weeks, but I bet everyone will want to do it for longer, and we'll find a different field. Dad's coaching, like he used to when I was little. I was worried that I was going to go there and everyone was going to be really good, but it turns out that most of the people had never even played before, so I turned out knowing more about it than some people, and explaining to people on my team.
It's so funny, but when I was playing defence I found myself shouting things like, "Go Insert-Name-Here! Way to hustle! Spread out, offence! Great kick! Nice pass!" at the top of my lungs. I asked Dad if I was being too loud or bossy or anything, but he said no. He said that it was great when people yelled encouragment to their teammates. So that was good.
I am dog-tired.
Nackeberry said that his definition of cool is Bard. That was nice of him, even if he was joking.
I need to do my Algebra homework.
Signing off.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh teddy, you're so fabulous. you amaze us with your mad soccer skills. (or at least you amaze me since i can't play to save my life)
cool avatar by the way.

9:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home