The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Does this make anyone else worry?

So.

I've been thinking about college lately. Yeah, I know, you don't have to tell me that
a) Not everyone has to go to college,
b) You're really smart, you shouldn't have to worry, or
c) You're only a Sophomore, so you don't have to worry.
Yeah. About that. I kind of do, actually. Because
a) I want to go to college to make the most of myself
b) I'm not THAT smart and
c) I'm homeschooled, and don't really have an automatic way to keep track of credits, or whatever. So I do have to worry about that.
And I'm thinking, "Well, what do I want to do, anyway?"
And I'm thinking "I'm not so sure, anymore."
I have too many interests and not enough skills. That's my main problem. I'm interested in just about everything, and I have NO idea what I want to do anymore. I know that most people don't at my age, but isn't that a little worrying? I'm getting to the point where I have to decide what I want to do for the rest of my life, and I don't know.
So I'm interested in Biology. But I don't know if I actually want to be a doctor. I might just tear people open once in a while. (Okay, you can all start worrying about me, now.)
Then again, I've always wanted to be a writer, and I think I'm pretty good, but I don't think I can make a living off of that.
Then I'm starting to think that I'd like to act. And direct, too. Because I'm pretty sure I'd be a good director. As a matter of fact, I am a pretty good director, and that's with my siblings, who don't listen to a single thing I have to say, anyway. And I guess I'm an okay actress, but I'd reallyreallyreally like to go to that special selective acting camp that I probably can't go to, on account of my money problems. The problem being that I have none. Not enough, anyway.
So I'm looking at all these different colleges, and some of them seem really cool, but I'm not seeing any where you can get a good education in medicine AND art. Or whatever. So maybe I'll just be a professional student. You know, attend a billion different colleges and never actually get a job. That sounds pretty fruitless, come to think of it.
Anyway, the only thing I'm sure about (as sure as I can be about anything) is that I'd like to go to a small college in the country. And it would be pretty cool if it were one of those really selective brainy artsy ones, but because I think I would fit in. Only those are usually pretty liberal, and I've kind of got the whole Christian thing going on. Then again, I don't think I would be bothered if everyone I knew had some far out religion. I know what I am, and I'm way too stubborn to change just because being a Christian isn't cool. And I've known WAY too many people who are pretty much messed up because of smoking or drinking. So I wouldn't have any trouble on that front.
I'm pretty sure that you're all bored now, so I'm signing off.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't worry teddy. God will lead you where He wants you to go. Stop Stressing!

7:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, go into writing. Who cares if you can't make a living? Do what I do...be a "starving artist."
(At least, it'll sound good in your posthumus biography)

7:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home