The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Monday, January 17, 2005

One and two and three and four and on into eternity...

Here's what SUCKS: Count singing. SOO confusing, and it's not like we really need to do it. Yeah, I got back from choir, and I do not like to count sing. We spent 20 minutes on one song. "One and two and three and one and 27 and a half divided by 3." Spinning away from reality go I. The piece we worked on was made so we would split into two choirs to work on our parts, so while the other choir worked on their part, I imagined what would have happened if I'd have said hi to a really old acquaintance about three weeks ago. Vaguely followed along in music, but eventually just stared off into the distance waiting for the magic words. Either "Choir one Soprano two, put away your music," or "fire." Any of those would have worked. Oh, yeah, and anything TU said. Not that he said anything to me, or anything. Not like he ever has.
Come to think of it, he probably hasn't said more than 5 words to me at a time for the whole time I've known him (2 years). And around Christmas and various other times I even carpool with him. I even sat next to him in choir for a concert. He talked to Leah and Aly, and they weren't even right next to him.
Well, Leigh was, but that's peripheral.
Actually, I'm peripheral.
That's depressing.
On a happier note, I told Ash that I was going to change my personality and be more cool, and she said that cool people were boring, and if I did that she'd never speak to me again. She was mostly kidding about the not speaking part. She said that if I tried to be cool, I would lose all my quirkyness. I didn't know that I was quirky. I thought I was just demented. Huh.
So, is quirky good or not? Because I like some things about me, but mostly no. Mostly I wish I were someone else. But I do like being morbid, and slaughtering English even though I know the rules, and talking about pirates, and laughing a lot.
Okay, I wish I had a better laugh, but I don't mind how often I laugh, anymore. I just wish I were more... I wish I had more pizazz. And I wish I knew if that's the way to spell pizazz.
You know, if I had a cool accent, none of this would even be a problem.
I finished reading:
To Kill a Mockingbird (Wicked awesome, thanks Emmo.)
The Slippery Slope, Lemony Snicket (Funny and morbid, just my style.)
Speak, don't remember at the moment (Read it. Now. Really good, and thought provoking.)
Hatchet, Gary Paulsen (Haven't read this book since 5th grade, maybe even 3rd. It was pretty good.)
Castle in the Air (Diana Wynne Jones, how can you go wrong?)
I'm currently listening to The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchet, and reading The Purple Emperor by Herbie Brennan.
Tune in next time for more of me, if you think you can handle it. I know I can't.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your quirkiness, Thick-Thick, is what makes you you. Don't change that.

-Sil

1:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, do not change. And if you read The Slippery Slope read The Grim Grotto. I own it if you wnt to borrow it when you come over.

-The always crazy Tal.

6:47 AM

 
Blogger Bard said...

Okay, when I come over on Monday, Tal, I am fully borrowing The Grim Grotto. Be prepared.
I feel so loved. And quirky. Quirky sounds like a dog's name to me, for some reason.

9:01 AM

 
Blogger Thicket Dweller said...

You, among all others, are, in a word, totally yes.

Don't ever be different, except to be more yes.

The Mother Unit

5:44 PM

 
Blogger Bard said...

Totally yes is two words.
I think I could stand to be a lot more totally yes. Since there isn't much yesness to go around at the moment.

5:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home