The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Ear, the Eye, and the Barm

Today I did a report on ears and eyes. They were pretty good, I think. They might actually raise my science grade to a C. Although the low grade isn't strictly my fault. But you don't want to hear about that.
I still have to finish my essay on the Magna Carta. Grr. I read the book, I just have to write the report now. It isn't even very long. 250 words, which is practically nothing. The reports I did today were only supposed to be 50, and I ended up doing about 400 each. I just am having trouble sitting down and writing the dumb thing. I should probably do it tonight. I should. I might not, especially if I end up watching Baby again. I like to watch Baby, don't get me wrong. I just won't be able to do the essay thing. Not that it really matters in the long run, because I'll probably just end up doing it tomorrow. Or late tonight.
Last night I watched McGee and Me. OH MY GOSH! I'd forgotten how much I used to love that show thing! I also remembered that I not only had a crush on Nick, I wanted to BE Nick. When I was little I responded to nothing but Nicholas. I'm totally serious. I also had an entire made up world (Edison made it up, too) that existed in a crack in our road. It was called Littletown. We used to shrink down to little size with a magic scarf, and visit our friends. I think we were heroes in Littletown because we saved them a bunch of times; one time on a pirate ship, and once we had to go to New York. There were two dragons (C.D. Rom and A.J. Rom) three Jims (good Jim, Bad Jim, and Little Jim) plus a bunch of girls that I hung out with (Carly, Taylor, and Cindy). I also remember bad Jim went to jail a bunch of times. His sister was Taylor. Bad Jim went to jail because he tried to kill good Jim, and gave good Jim a big scar across his face. Good Jim's sister was Carly, I think. One of the saddest days of my young life was when they re-paved the crack in the road. I was imagining the poor Littletownians carrying all their belongings down the road so well I could see them.
I also remember my very first imaginary friend. His name was Johnny Avenue (I know. I had weird names for imaginary friends. You don't have to tell me.). He looked like a movie star. He had really bright blond hair, and always wore sunglasses; he was the ultimate in cool. The sunglasses, I just now remembered, I probably got from McGee and Me. In one episode Nick is really cool for some reason, and he wore sunglasses. He lowered them to look at people when he wanted them to feel stupid. Anyway, Johnny Avenue was really cool. I talked to him all the time. I had another imaginary friend, but I don't remember anything other than she was a girl.
Final thought: The guy who plays Napoleon Dynamite, Jon Heder, looks nothing like he does in the movie. Check it out.
I swear, if I didn't know any better, I'd say he was a hottie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

That picture is SO weird! I never would have imagined that he was actually...normal looking.

12:21 PM

 
Blogger Bard said...

I know! It's crazy-go-nuts!

12:33 PM

 
Blogger Bard said...

I know! It's crazy-go-nuts!

12:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home