The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Correct me if I'm wrong...

But are show tunes not the best thing ever?
Yeah. They are. Specially Into the Woods. Which Mom got from the library. And I have been listening to nonstop. I am going to be the Witch at some point in my life. Or at least Little Red Riding Hood. Or the Baker's Wife. Any of those would be good. It's one of the few musicals that I don't want to be a guy for. Like Fiddler on the Roof. The main guy is the only good one. The daughters are okay, but the dad is the best. Or Music Man. Well, I guess there's Marian, but I would rather be Harold Hill any day. Or one of the train guys. They're so cool. And duh, Peter Pan I would SO be Peter, although mostly girls play him anyway. I guess I would want to be Laurie in Oklahoma, and not a guy. But I would want to be Milo Bloom, and not some random girl in The Producers. So yeah. Generally speaking, the guy parts are better than the girl parts in plays and musicals. I'm trying to think of another good one. Annie has a cool girl, I guess. I'd rather be her than Daddy Warbucks, although I'm too old, anyway. Sound of Music I don't think I'd want to be in at all, because I am nothing like Julie Andrews, and I always think of her (like everyone else in the world.) And Beauty and the Beast I'd be Belle. This is all, of course assuming that I actually would get a main part in anything, which is unlikely, since my voice isn't that good, all things considered.
Anyway, I don't remember what I got on to say. So that's it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

since when do you not have an awesome voice? you could totally get a main part.
(why DO the girls get jipped so much)

3:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a huge fan of show tunes as well. But please don't drop Julie Andrews (think, Mary Poppins, Sound of Music). There was a wonderful lead lady. When you think about it, many of the musicals do have excellent leading ladies (Oklahoma). The 40s had a lot of talented girls as well (Eleanor Powell). So don't drop all the girls. :)

12:59 PM

 
Blogger Bard said...

I'm not dropping Julie Andrews; I like her. I'm just saying that I can't compare to her.
And I don't have a great voice by myself. Only in choir do I sound alright.

4:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home