The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Oh, well.

So. Belated news that everyone who knows me probably already knows. I didn't place at the tournament. I know I was fourth in POI because there were only four people in the final round. I was probably sixth in prose, because there were six in the final round, and I was in that. And I got HORRIBLE scores on that. As in, really not fair scores. I don't really want to go into the details, because I don't bad mouth judges (except to Aragorn, Lynn and Ash, who I know don't care and won't tell) but let's just say that one of the judges was, ahem, scratching his nose. A lot. And it was gross. Then I had to shake his hand. Yuck! But I am determined to beat everyone but my good pal Dulcea. Because
a) she has to win sweeps, and
b) she's really awesome.
Anyway, yeah. I'll work really hard and come in second next time, so as not to disgrace the family name.
Oh, and by the way, I have a job. I'm working at a greenhouse. At night I have nightmares about watering plants. Midge from choir said that one night I'll have a dream that there's a tidal wave and I won't have to water them anymore. That would be nice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still like your POI. (I should know...I got to see your encore performance!)

10:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home