The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Square dances are fun

Hanging out with people you know is the best fun ever. A bunch of my friends and I went to a county fair on Sunday, and we just walked around the fair until 8:00, when the square dance started. There were quite a few incidents, including one where the John Deere guy wouldn't give us a yardstick for some reason. I mean, they were handing out yardsticks. There were billions of people walking around with yardsticks. The guy was like, "You can't have a yardstick unless you have a parent with you. Or unless you're an adult." Well, the one guy who was with us is 19, so we all pointed to him at the same time and said, "He's 19." And the guy didn't believe us. Like we planned it before. So anyway, we were mad at that guy, then we went to another vendor and got some different yardsticks. Then we all walked by the guy who wouldn't give us a yardstick. It was fun. Another good thing was when I got some really good curly chips with cheese. They were the best. Everyone had some.

Anyway, then at the square dance I got to dance just about all the dances because I would just grab one of the guys I know and say, "You're my partner." Charlesincharge and his brother both put up a fight at first, but I'm pretty sure they were kidding. I hope they were. Well, the 19-year-old one I'm pretty sure was, because then he was all, "May I have this dance?" and stuff. And I forced one of the two guys who had never been square dancing before to dance, and he actually got pretty good and even admitted that he was having a good time. So great fun was had by all. Plus we all got a HUGE scoop of ice cream for only a dollar.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yee hee hee, ha ha ha...


We were totally evil, weren't we...


It was a perfectly legal and just protest for freedom, that yardstick march was! We had every right to humiliate the man who refused us our deserved wooden weapon...I mean, yardstick.

And you musn't forget the half-dollars...does your bro still have yours? Of course, there was the guy smoking a cigar with a hook for a hand - that was pretty much awesome. What about being a Rock in the midst of the crowds?? And being really mad at Z and Dan for "going to the rock climbing wall" and getting us in trouble? And what about the guy who I said looked like EG? Or your silumated banana flavored gum? You left like, everything out!! Ahh!

4:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We used to square dance in P.E. One time the guy I was partnered up with refused to dance with me because I was fat, and so I got hella mad and sat on the bleachers and cried.

Then my teacher decided to give me an A in PE

9:49 AM

 
Blogger Bard said...

Dulcea: Yes, I did leave a lot of stuff out mostly because I was tired when I was writing that, and partially because I didn't know how to write about all that stuff without having to explain a lot of stuff and bore people. So that'll just be our little secret. Or maybe I'll write another post about it.
Em-bot: That's so sad! If you lived in Ohio I would be like, come to a square dance with me because all the guys I know aren't jerks. But you don't. So you can't. Unless you move to Ohio, of course.

1:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home