The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Stress

Today was a very stressful day. You might not think that scoring a job at one of the hippest places in Amish Country (no, this is NOT an oxymoron) would be so stressful, but, in fact, it is.
You see, ever since I learned that my choir is going to Germany next Summer I've been stressing about how to get the money, and I was thinking that working at a greenhouse was only good for another couple of weeks, then I'd be out of a job until next Summer. So I was looking around for a new job. I put in an application at this coffeehouse, and after a pretty awful interview, I didn't get the job. So a week goes by. And it turns out that someone just quit, and because a girl who was working at the greenhouse with me who went back to working at the coffeehouse (it burnt down and is now rebuilt) the Boss called me back. Also because I think she thought that I have nothing going on in my life, being a homeschooler and all.
Well, Mom decided to bring me there right after work to tell her yes. Looking back on this (it was only yesterday, but still) I think it was probably a bad idea, and if we wouldn't have done this I would not have been nearly so stressed. But we did, and I told The Boss that I could start next week. But she made a big deal out of how if I was put down on the schedule to work I HAD to come. And I thought, "If I miss too many rehearsals at choir because of this, I'm not going to get to go to Germany anyway." Then I talked to my boss. She's super-nice, and has been flexible with me so far because she understands that even if I'm homeschooled I am still a high school Junior, and that I'm going to be really busy with just school, let alone regular activities. While talking to her, she told me that she will need me through October and possibly part of November, and she'll need me again in February through October again. Since I wouldn't be able to work in December anyway, I'd just get January off, which wouldn't be bad at all. Anyway, I decided today that I am going to turn down the job at the coffeehouse. I think working at the greenhouse suits me more. Besides, if I worked at the coffeehouse I wouldn't be able to listen to my iPod at work, and I would have to deal with customers.

Note to Dulcea: I got my icon thing at Yahoo. You can actually click on it to get your own, I think. You can change its clothes and stuff. I really like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home