The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Note to self:

Always, I mean, never complain about staying up late to work on my Nanovel again.
Last night I was up writing until about one in the morning because I was way behind. My novel is going downhill at a rapid pace, but at least now I'm only two days behind.
My brains were turning into mush as I sat at the computer typing, and I was listening to the newest Train CD, Alive at Last (Train is my noveling inspiration), and looking up who all the main Greek gods and godesses were. I knew most of them, but I wanted to make sure I didn't forget one, and have it come back to haunt me. Gods have a way of doing that to people. Not that I actually believe in them, or anything.
I finally finish my insane amount of words, and go up to bed. As my head sinks into the pillow I face the window of my room, like I always do, and see something glowing in the sky. I mean, like a line. Not just a star, but the actual sky. I rubbed my eyes, and thought, "It's probably just my eyes going nuts from sitting in front of a computer screen for roughly 3 hours." I looked again to make sure. The sky was still glowing. So the second thing I thought was "THE ALIENS ARE COMING! I'VE GOT TO CALL TAL!" Partially because Tal is the only one who'd believe me anyway, and partially because I knew there was a chance he'd actually be up anyway. So I rush to the window, expecting to be beamed into the sky by some green light, and got a better look.
Yeah, I'm sure it's a big surprise to everyone reading this (.2 people, or whatever)that it actually wasn't aliens led by Thong Girl. It was the Northen Lights.
I have always wanted to see the northern lights. I thought that I'd have to go to Alaska, or the North Pole to see them. But all I actually had to do was look out the window. So I woke everybody up, and we looked out the window for the next half hour or so, until they pretty much faded away. It was awe inspiring. You could actually see it flickering.
So now I *have* to go to Alaska. I need to see it close up. Else I shall perish. No one wants that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home