The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Run, Luke, Run!

Okay. I just had the blastiest time of my life. I went to The Campout with Ash and her family. Her cousins are wicked sweet. Not only that, they actually like me (despite the fact that Allen nearly killed me. That's a different story.). I'm an adopted cousin!
Anyway, we played Spoons about a billion times. We even played it a bunch with Allen's dad. Only when we played with him we didn't jump on each other and wrestle for the spoons. It wasn't very mature. Whenever we weren't playing with Mr. Allen's Dad, we practically killed each other. I got to the point that when I said "Hey, wanna play Sudden Death?" Jill, Hera and Enid all said "You mean Spoons?"
On a side note, has anyone seen Animal Crackers, with the Marx Brothers? If so, as a joke, I shuffled the deck like Harpo does for Bridge. Everyone (with the exception of Allen, who said "That's gay.") thought it was hillarious.
I started calling Ash's 14-15 year old brother (I think his birthday's pretty soon) Luke Skywalker because Monet, Edison and Dad both said he looks like Mark Hamill. Mom and I have both decided that insanity runs in the male part of the family. Anyway, it bugs him, and my mission in life is pretty much to bug him (his mission is to bug me, so it's fair), so I do.
While we were playing Sudden Death, Luke ran by. I confided in my adoptive cousins that I had a strong urge to yell "Run, Luke, run!"
"So do it!" they all said.
Luke was annoyed.
He called me Kelly Goth, so this is just payback.

Yesterday, I did the unthinkable. I talked to TU. Without saying anything stupid! It was amazing! I carpooled with him and Ash, and then we were at Burger King for an hour. We talked about Star Wars and stuff. It was flippin' sweet. Ash agreed that I said nothing stupid.

I won't be posting until Sunday, most likely, and maybe not even then. Ash's graduation party is on Saturday so I'm going over to help on Sunday.
TU will be at the party.
Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger impromptu-mom said...

Oh Bard, I love spoons! It was THE game in our family when I was a kid. In fact, we built a special reinforced table just for playing spoons because we had broken so many by diving over the table at each other and wrestling for that last spoon. It was said that you were not officially an adult member of our family until you had shed blood at the spoons table. I was 15 when first had my blood drawn! And imagine if you will, my sweet little grandma diving at her own children and wrenching a spoon out of their hands with a maniac's gleam in her eyes. :)

10:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home