The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Dance Dance Revolution!

Okay, so I thought this game was a little odd, and probably beyond my skills as a dancer. Even beyond my skills as a coordination person, since don't have any. We went to this ecology thing (which I'll probably talk more about later) and at the lodge that was hosting one of the events, they had one.
In case you don't know what Dance Dance Revolution is, I'll tell you. It's kind of like that Spider Stompin' game, except there's music playing, and on the screen, it shows you which square to step on. And sometimes you have to jump on more than one square. Oh, and you have to do it exactly when it tells you to.
Anyway, Edison tried it and did pretty well for a first timer. He was on the beginner's level, of course. Then I said to myself, "Hey, why don't we try that?" So I did. Unfortuately, the first song I tried was pretty fast, so I was overwhelmed and let Edison take over. I wasn't going to try again, but Mom and Edison both told me to. I chose We Will Rock You by Queen which was a lot slower than whatever the first one I did was. I thought I wasn't doing so well when--Surprise, surprise!--I actually got an A! Mom and Edison had been going on about how well I was doing the whole time, apparently. I was too busy concentrating on my feet and the screen to hear them. I played a few more times (though I never got an A again. Mostly Bs and one C.) and it was a lot of fun. So, if you see one of these and have never played before, I suggest you do so.
TOMORROW I'M GOING TO TAL'S! W00T!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double w00t!

8:07 PM

 
Blogger Field Trip Lady said...

Okay, this has nothing to do with Dance Dance Revolution!
I'm sorry, but I don't know your email, and I found this kinda funny "blog" from someone traveling in China.
Thought you might like to read it.
Don't you love when people leave these HUGE link "buttons?"

10:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home