The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Accomplishment!

So, despite the fact that I'm usually depressed on Wednesdays on account of art classes, today I was pretty happy. This is because:
a) I cleaned the entire downstairs, and have done so for the past three weeks. Mom mentioned this to the class, and they all applauded. Mr. Dell shook my hand, and said he was proud of me for making the art class possible. I know that sounds really cheesy, but with Mr. Dell, he's really earnest about what he says, so you feel happier.
b) I showed the aforementioned art teacher the (really awful) drawings I did during the week. He took the time to say to me that he was really glad I actually practiced every night (Which I do. If I suck at something, I may as well be consistent. I don't want to suck and be lazy, too). He said it showed that I was really dedicated and persistent. This was kind of good, because usually it ends up that Edison is the whizz at everything when he doesn't even try, and I'm awful no matter how much I practice. But whatever.
c) I went to the neighbor's today to clean. She paid me for the past two times I went. 25 smackeroos. Not bad for an amphibian. That makes $137 in spending money for China. W00t. Not only that, Blue asked if I could feed their guinea pigs while they were gone. They aren't leaving until the end of June, but she said she'd pay me in advance towards China.
d) Pop's sister sent me money for the trip in Pop's birthday card. I felt bad because he thought it was for him (I did too!) until he read the note. "This is for Bard's trip. I'm not that nice yet." Even though it has nothing to do with me, I feel guilty that I have the money. I almost wanted to just give it to him.
e) I was kind of dreading this art thing that we're going to tommorow, but it turns out I don't have to bring drawing art, any art is good. Music, writing, anything. So I'll probably bring a poem, provided I can find one that's half-way decent.
f) I think I've decided to send something to Cicada magizine. It's a real-life thing, so I'll probably submit it under some other name. There aren't any names, or anything, and it isn't mean, but I'd just feel kind of weird if it had my name.
I guess that all means I'm doing pretty well today. I'm bushed, though. Luckily I don't really have anything tommorow other than the art thing at night. I think I'm going to laze about and read, or something. Actually I just remembered, I have to dust and vaucuum my room; clean my closet a bit; type up that thing for Bean (Bean, if you're reading this I'm really sorry I haven't sent it to you yet. First I lost the notebook, then I was just plain lazy); edit a thing so I can give it to Ash on Saturday; practice Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring; practice the piano and draw. Nevermind.

4 Comments:

Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Well, it sounds like some awesome things happened!

China? That's wicked cool!

7:05 PM

 
Blogger Bard said...

Yeah. It was pretty sweet. Of course, I'm lazy and haven't written since then. Bad, bad Bard.

8:17 PM

 
Blogger Bard said...

Oh, yeah, China. I can't WAIT!

8:17 PM

 
Blogger Bard said...

Bejing, Shang-hai and Hangzhou.

7:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home