The disconnected, confused, disjointed, incoherent, random, unplanned, bewildering, jumbled, topsy-turvy, confounding, obscure, inexplicable, mysterious, paradoxical, perplexing, knotty, meandering, unintelligible, digressive, exuberant, lavish, irregular Ramblings of Me, Bard.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring

This morning Mom took me to yet another interesting thing to be involved in. A homeschooled choir. Apparently the practices started two weeks ago, but Mom forgot about them. I'm a soprano. Originally I was going to be alto, but
a) the soprano part wasn't really high, and I thought it was going to be,
b) there were only four (I think) other sopranos, and they needed another.
One thing I was surprised at was the many boys. This might have something to do with the fact that there was actually a boy's part in this choir, whereas in my choir there isn't.
I was kind of feeling really shy. I also felt bad because I didn't want to seem like a snot. But come on, what are you supposed to do when everyone else already knows each other and is talking and cracking jokes and you don't know anyone? Not only that, I'm an introvert. At least mostly. Around people I actually know I'm as outgoing as can be. It's just that big kids scare the heck out of me. Teens (like myself) intimidate me to no end. I'm not sure why. They aren't mean, probably. I just always feel like they're going to make fun of me behind my back.
The other kids were pretty welcoming, I just don't usually fit in too well. Even when I was in the play I never really made friends with anyone except a few of the younger kids. In choir I still only have a few people I actually talk to on a regular basis. Mostly Ash and Lena.
I went to IGA to eat with Mom. In case I forgot to tell you--I think I did--I'm done being a vegitarian. Three months was enough. I was only really doing it to see if I could, anyway.
We watched The Producers. If Gene Wilder wasn't so much older than me, I'd marry him. Not that I have a crush on him. I just think he's awsome. If you haven't seen The Producers yet, watch is fo' shizzle.

1 Comments:

Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

I know what you mean about people. I am always weirded out with a group of teens. Often, people think I'm stuck up, but it's usually just that I am shy. Oh well, it's okay.

4:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home